Neurokinetic Therapy® (NKT) is a powerful healing method that can be used as both an assessment tool and a rehabilitative technique. It gets to the root of chronic and acute muscle tightness and pain, relieving it through working with the Motor Control Center (MCC) of the brain. The MCC is the part of your brain that stores your movement patterns and coordinates your movement by sending messages to your muscles. NKT is based on the premise that when a dysfunction has occurred, certain muscles shut down or become inhibited, forcing other muscles to compensate and become overworked. The overworked muscles become tight and often painful. By applying manual muscle testing, the certified practitioner can evaluate the strength or weakness of each muscle, revealing the cause of the stiffness or pain and retraining the client’s body to remove the compensation patterns and function normally again.
Benefits of Neurokinetic Therapy®
- Achieves faster, longer-lasting results than many other methods
- Addresses the root cause of compensation, discomfort and pain
- Eliminates enduring patterns of dysfunction caused by old injuries
- An excellent tool for helping athletes or sports enthusiasts improve their games; especially for cycling, golf, tennis, swimming and other activities involving repetitive joint compression or rotational activities.
- Reduces effects of repetitive stress injuries
- Quickly improves muscle balance and coordination
- Most often coupled with corrective exercises for maximum results
- Assessment can be done on or off the massage table to accommodate the client’s comfort
- NKT sessions are done with the client fully clothed for quick and comfortable transition.
- Is an effective complement to therapeutic massage, chiropractic, stretching, acupuncture and other alternative practices.