Massage is the uniquely personal experience of being touched in a positive, non-sexual, nurturing way. Touch is a basic need that connects us with others, and more importantly, to ourselves. Massage Therapy is a safe place to experience this positive touch, to reconnect with your body and emotions, and to enjoy the numerous health benefits that therapeutic massage offers!
Benefits of Massage
- Increases circulation of blood and lymph fluids.
- Relaxes nervous system and reduces stress.
- Increases joint flexibility and range of motion.
- Promotes deeper and easier breathing.
- Reduces blood pressure.
- Improves digestion and increases the excretion of fluids and waste.
- Relieves tension related headaches and eye strain.
- Improves posture and body awareness.
- Strengthens the immune system and helps prevent disease.
- Provides nutrition for muscles, tissues, and joints.
- Fosters a relaxed state of alertness.
- Reduces mental stress and calms the mind.
- Sensitizes one to the body and improves the ability to monitor stress signals and respond appropriately.
- Increases capacity for clear thinking.
- Helps to satisfy the basic need for caring and nurturing touch.
- Creates a feeling of well-being.
- Enables the release of emotional expression.
- Reduces anxiety.
- Increases awareness of the sense of connectedness of body, mind, and spirit.
- Increases energy flow at all levels.